While the team works on bringing new features and gameplay improvements to Rend over the next weeks, you can help us by translating "ascension", "saga", and more than 30,000 other words into one of seven initial languages! A popular practice among indie titles like Rend, we're looking to our international audience of gamers worldwide for expertise in Rend and bilingual fluency with languages spoken where the survival genre has the broadest reach. We'll be using a localization management platform called Crowdin that has helped a number of games on Steam reach broader audiences through crowdsourced translations of game strings (lines of text).
We'll be kicking things off with the following languages: Chinese, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
Want to participate? Here's how!
- Create an account on Crowdin.
- Join the Rend project.
- Download Poedit (open-source translation software).
- Run Poedit, then navigate to File > Preferences > Accounts and click Log In under Crowdin.
- Click Authenticate in the browser window that opens to the Crowdin website, then allow it to (re)open Poedit.
- Next to Project select Rend, then select the language you'd like to edit.
- Click OK and you're all set!
We're humbled by the number of players who have reached out since the game's earliest days offering to localize Rend and are very excited to use Crowdin to make it possible!