Patch 7 introduces a number of gameplay and quality-of-life features that we’ve been working on in parallel with the Patch 6 series including the Warehouse system, a dodging mechanic for players, a new map layout, and our first pass on artifacts and relics. We’ll have full feature articles published for these features but a brief overview can be found in the preliminary patch notes.
With internal testing complete, we’re inviting players to participate in an early public test of Patch 7 on the Public Test Realm (PTR) server before it goes live.
Here’s how to participate in the test:
- Open Steam and click Library at the top.
- Right-click on Rend in your Steam Library and click Properties.
- Click the Betas tab, select “publictest” from the pulldown menu and click Close.
- Steam should detect the Rend PTR patch and begin downloading it. Restart Steam if it does not.
- Run the game (should show as “Rend [publictest]” in your Steam Library). Click the Find Server button, then the Filters button. Select Custom from the Game Modes and click Apply, then join the "Public Test" server that appears.
- Please note that the PTR server is in Faction War mode and will be updated incrementally. Scheduled downtimes will be announced in the Server Status forum.
We’ll release the full patch notes for Patch 7 when this version of the game hits the live servers.